New Updates Your Doctor May Not Know
The new 7 Million NIH Women’s study has shown that American women 65 and older, who take estrogen, have fewer cancers (REDUCED risk of 33% for breast, ovarian, uterine, lung, and colorectal) and less heart disease. And live longer! Women on estrogens (and natural progesterone) die 20% less prematurely from all causes.
Proven Hormonal Therapy Break-throughs
The moral of this story is that many of your doctors may have yet to know (as they are busy seeing patients, not reading the new science) is:
- Estrogen is “breast protective” against getting breast cancer.
- Both bioidentical estrogen and horse estrogens (conjugated equine horse estrogen) are breast-protective, but natural estrogens protect statistically better.
- Both natural and synthetic hormones are cognition protective, against all neurodegenerative diseases, but natural hormones protect statistically better (reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s by 79% in the University of Arizona study).
- Even soy has now been shown to be “brain, cognition, and breast” protective.
- Natural progesterone does “not” increase the risk of breast cancer and in some studies, it has been shown to be breast cancer protective).
- You can initiate hormones safely at “any age” if you have a hormone-savvy practitioner.
- There is no one way to test hormones. Many docs track hormones by various platforms.
- Hormones influence how we feel, think, have the energy or not, have muscle mass or not, fight a “gut” or not, and how we sleep. Ideally, try to work with someone that treats the “patient” more than the “laboratory”.
- Estrogen and progesterone do NOT drive breast cancer. Especially in healthy women.
Hormone Therapy Study
Effects of Hormone Therapy on survival, cancer, cardiovascular 1 and dementia risks in 7 million menopausal women over age 65: a retrospective observational study medRxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.05.25.22275595; this version posted May 26, 2022.
Dr. Anna Garrett is a menopause expert and Doctor of Pharmacy. She helps women who are struggling with symptoms of perimenopause and menopause find natural hormone-balancing solutions so they can rock their mojo through midlife and beyond. Dr. Anna is the author of Perimenopause: The Savvy Sister’s Guide to Hormone Harmony. Order your copy at www.perimenopausebook.com.
Dr. Anna is available for 1-1 consultation. Find out more at www.drannagarrett.com/lets-talk.